July 26th, 2022
Re: Establishment of VCAM Entrepreneur-in-Residence Program
To aspiring Entrepreneurs in Fintech, Investment and Payment sectors in Vietnam:
VCAM is on a mission to enable millions more Vietnamese to make informed and effective investments, to become more successful investors by recognizing the value of portfolio diversification and long-termed participation in Vietnam’s growing economy.
Toward that goal, we have fostered new strategic, education, and distribution partnerships, digitalized our investment processes, and now launching the VCAM Entrepreneur-in-Residence program (VCAM EIR).
VCAM EIR program seeks the best tech builders and entrepreneurs who share our vision to help Vietnamese make better investment decisions, who enjoy building useful tools, especially those that enable both individual and corporate investors to participate in the long-termed success of Vietnam’s economy.
If selected, the EIR shall receive:
- Office and admin for up to 10 people: free of charge up to 12 months with 6 months extension during Series-A.
- Budget planning and Fundraising support from Seed to Series-A:
- Seed: once Budget is finalized, we will help you close your Seed round with our Venture Fund (an option, not an obligation for either party), or with one of our Partners’ funds, or our network of Angel Investors.
- Series-A: Then, upon “graduation”, we will help you raise series-A.
- Technology team support: VCAM tech team will have regular office hours with you and to help you integrate into our funds’ and partners’ platforms.
- Access to potential customers: be it with VCV’s portfolio or with many of VCAM’s network of investee companies and partners, we will help bring you the first customers you need to achieve certain KPI’s.
- Legal and compliance advisory: VCAM will help you navigate the many areas of enterprise and security laws of Vietnam.
- Complete independence to grow and fundraise: you are not obliged to recommend VCAM’s funds, or one of our partners’ stocks or brokerage services, or to prioritize investment money from Viet Capital Ventures or any VCAM-affiliated fund.
In return, you shall give VCAM EIR program:
- Depending on your startup’s stage, 3%-6% of your company once and only when the Seed round is completed to meet your Budget, and an additional 1%-1.5% of equity once and only when the A-round is completed.
- Your commitment to achieve the agreed KPIs within the time frame of the EIR program (12 months plus 6 months extension) and the Budget.
- Your commitment to, at all time, work in compliance with Vietnam laws and to act in the best interest of your customers
Questions and inquiries about how to apply and the process, please email your pitch deck or product summary to Mr. Nam Anh at:
Pho H. Pham
CEO, Viet Capital Asset Management
Managing Partner, Viet Capital Ventures