Viet Capital Fund (VCF), established in early 2007, is a domestic limited partnership opportunistic investment fund with an initial fund size of approximately US$ 50 million. As the primary objective is to achieve a high risk-adjusted return, VCF is selectively investing in leading firms with excellent management, solid fundamentals and sustainable growth at reasonable prices. VCF defines itself as always looking for win-win solutions by creating value for all of its business partners.
VND 800 billion (as of Jul 31, 2008)
90% invested in medium and long term investment and the remainder for short term and trading purposes.
All key sectors with good potential and fast growth in Vietnam (not invest directly in real estate and infrastructure)
Investing in truly outstanding businesses with top notch management at an attractive price.
No single investment may exceed 15% of NAV and no more than 30% may be invested into a group or related group.
We believe that through an active approach to investing we can best achieve our investment objective of consistently meeting our clients’ performance expectations.
- Our mission is to capture the opportunities presented by the open, dynamic and fast growing economy of Vietnam.
- Pursuing a long-term and fundamental investment strategy, the Fund seeks to buy shares of companies which posses sound and sustainable competitive advantages in high growth industries at reasonable price. This strategy secures long-term attractive returns surpassing accompanied risks.
- Investments are prioritized in industries which aim to improve living standards and add value to Vietnamese society. Investments in unhealthy industries particularly those which negatively affect public health and the environment are avoided.
The skills of our investment professionals and the resources of the organization are deployed to exploit these dynamic investment opportunities. We are therefore committed to:
- Multi-disciplinary, methodical and systematic processes that can identify and assess opportunities for profitable investment. All investments will be subject to comprehensive and in depth due diligence and evaluation.
- An innovative approach that draws upon a variety of asset management techniques to deliver tailored investment solutions to our clients. A disciplined and rigorous approach to evaluating deal opportunities and implementing investments.
- Assets under management will be allocated into a widely diversified portfolio to achieve the goal of optimizing its profit within an acceptable risk ratio.
- We believe in close partnerships with our people.
Leveraging our international and industrial relationship, VCAM plays not only the role of financial investor but also acts as a business partner to its investee companies, adding more value through consulting and bringing potential industrial partners together. The motto of our investment guidelines and process is: Safety, Stability and Effectiveness.
A combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches applied to screening and analyzing process to ensure superior stock picking
Being aware of conducting business in a young emerging market, we consider Risk Analysis the core of our investment process. Thorough and comprehensive due diligence is conducted for every investment. Site visits and multiple meetings with target’s stakeholders and industrial experts are mandatory steps to complete the investment process
After investment, a close and comprehensive watch is conducted rigorously to provide an effective risk-alerting and to enable a timely action for every investment.
Board of Directors
Mr. Duong Duc Trung
Chairman – Viet Capital Fund Board of Representatives
Born in 1960 in Ha Noi, Mr. Trung currently holds the chairman position of Sao Phuong Nam JSC, a company operating in construction, advisory, investment and real estate developing with several prominent projects: Centec Tower, Spring Court, DB Tower, a five-star resort at Bai Dai, Khanh Hoa, Heron Lake – a complex 18-hole golf course and mansions at Vinh Phuc province. He is also chairman at the following companies: An Thanh JV, Tom Marubeni JV, Phu Ha Trading & Services Co. Ltd, Trang Anh Vinh Co. Ltd and vice-chairman at TMI Vietnam JV.
Mr. Trung is a successful and credible businessman who has profound experience of management in various leading areas in Vietnam. Besides, he is well-known as a pioneer who led the key exporting activities during the development era of Vietnam, among which a few can be listed: export to Japan through the joint venture with Marubeni since 1995, export to U.S and EU for Nike and Adidas through the connection at Singapore since 1996.
After earning his bachelor degree major in Construction and received extensive training in Bulgaria, Mr. Trung participated in various courses which granted him globally accredited certificates in business and finance management.
Ms. Le Nu Thuy Duong
Member of Board of Directors
She is a successful business woman. She is currently a Deputy General Director of Capitaland Vista Ventures, a real estate joint-venture corporation. She is experienced in various industries including real estate, construction, garment and golf. She formerly held a Deputy General Director position in many companies such as Long Thanh Golf Investment Trading Stock Company, Huy Hoang Garment & Construction JSC. She is also a General Director of Thien Duc Co., Ltd and Nam Thang Long Investment Company.
Ms Duong graduated with an MBA from Maastricht University (Holland) and holds a Bachelor of Business Administration from the University of New South Wales, Australia
Mr. Nguyen Quoc Khanh
Member of Board of Directors
He was born in Saigon in 1964. He is currently a General Director of Saigon Cargo Service Corporation, providing and managing air cargo terminal service in Tan Son Nhat Airport to international technology and standards. He also holds a position as Chairman of Quang Nam Mineral Industry Corporation (MIC), as BOD member of Gemadept, Vinh Hao Mineral Water J.S.C, Nam Viet Bank and Dam Sen Water Park Company (Daseco).
Mr. Khanh graduated with Bachelor of Economics from Marine University in Odessa, USSR in 1988.