VCHF is the domestic limited partnership fund licensed by the Vietnam State Securities Commission with the primary objective of achieving medium to long-term (3-5 years) capital appreciation and providing an attractive level of income (from interest and dividends) through investment in listed and unlisted companies, assets and other healthcare investment opportunities in Vietnam
VND 500 billion (as of Jan 15, 2008)
70% invested in mid and long term projects; the remainder invested for short term trading purposes.
– Pharmaceutical companies
– High-tech clinics
– Function food companies
– Companies which manufacture medical devices
High potential healthcare investment opportunities and social mission with competitive returns.
No single investment may exceed 15% of the Net Asset Value of the fund.
We believe that through an active approach to investing we can best achieve our investment objective of consistently meeting our clients’ performance expectations.
- Our mission is to capture the opportunities presented by the open, dynamic and fast growing economy of Vietnam.
- Pursuing a long-term and fundamental investment strategy, the Fund seeks to buy shares of companies which posses sound and sustainable competitive advantages in high growth industries at reasonable price. This strategy secures long-term attractive returns surpassing accompanied risks.
- Investments are prioritized in industries which aim to improve living standards and add value to Vietnamese society. Investments in unhealthy industries particularly those which negatively affect public health and the environment are avoided.
The skills of our investment professionals and the resources of the organization are deployed to exploit these dynamic investment opportunities. We are therefore committed to:
- Multi-disciplinary, methodical and systematic processes that can identify and assess opportunities for profitable investment. All investments will be subject to comprehensive and in depth due diligence and evaluation.
- An innovative approach that draws upon a variety of asset management techniques to deliver tailored investment solutions to our clients. A disciplined and rigorous approach to evaluating deal opportunities and implementing investments.
- Assets under management will be allocated into a widely diversified portfolio to achieve the goal of optimizing its profit within an acceptable risk ratio.
- We believe in close partnerships with our people.
Leveraging our international and industrial relationship, VCAM plays not only the role of financial investor but also acts as a business partner to its investee companies, adding more value through consulting and bringing potential industrial partners together. The motto of our investment guidelines and process is: Safety, Stability and Effectiveness.
A combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches applied to screening and analyzing process to ensure superior stock picking
Being aware of conducting business in a young emerging market, we consider Risk Analysis the core of our investment process. Thorough and comprehensive due diligence is conducted for every investment. Site visits and multiple meetings with target’s stakeholders and industrial experts are mandatory steps to complete the investment process
After investment, a close and comprehensive watch is conducted rigorously to provide an effective risk-alerting and to enable a timely action for every investment.
Board of Directors
Dr Phan Thanh Hai
Used to be a boarder at Saigon Medical University, Dr PHAN THANH HAI has earned an MD diploma in 1974.
After working for several years at Binh Dan hospital, ECFMG, he attended a proficiency course in France and Germany, specialized in Oncology & Neoplasia – Diagnostic Imaging.
As a founder and a principal manager of MEDIC Medical Diagnosis Center since 1990, he has not only successfully developed a nationwide medical check up system in Hanoi, Hue, Da Nang, Can Tho, Dong Thap, Kien Giang, but also in Laos & Cambodia. He is the current BOD Chairman of Binh An JSC (Kien Giang) who has plans of investment in Binh An hospital (Kien Giang) and Domedic hospital (Dong Thap). At the moment, MEDIC is investing more capital in building a MEDIC hospital in Binh Tan Advanced Technology Medical Zone, to associate with foreign Medical Universities with a desire to create a model of postgraduate training hospital.
Applying new medical technology in order to better serve Vietnamese patients at a reasonable cost is MEDIC’s most important goal.
Mr. Vo Van Chau
Mr. VO VAN CHAU is a member of Board of Directors of Kien Long Bank. He is also Head of Supervisory Board of the Ho Chi Minh Securities Joint Stock Company (HSC). He earned the Bachelor at Ho Chi Minh Economics University in 1978.
Ms. Dang To Loan
Ms. DANG TO LOAN is currently the HCMC Branch Manager of Saigon – Hanoi Commercial Joint-stock Bank (SHB).
She completed her Master of Finance in 2003 at National Economics University. In 1994, she graduated as a Bachelor of Banking & Finance from Banking Academy.